Mathematics is an essential ingredient in the education of a student of mathematics or physics or a professional physicist, indeed in the education of any professional scientist or engineer. The purpose of Mathematical Physics is to provide a comprehensive study of the mathematics underlying theoretical physics at the level of graduate and postgraduate students and also have enough depth for others interested in higher level mathematics relevant to specialized fields. It is also intended to serve the research scientist or engineer who needs a quick refresher course in the subject.
The Fourth Edition of the book has been thoroughly revised and updated keeping in mind the requirements of students and the latest UGC syllabus.
• Exhaustive treatment of the subject
• Systematic and logical arrangement of topics
• Rigorous explanation of each theorem to facilitate comprehension
• Worked out examples to clarify concepts
• Additional problems from university papers for more practice
• Additions in the chapters on Vectors, Matrices, Tensors, Complex Analysis, Differential Equations, Harmonics, Beta, Gamma and Error Functions
• Extra problems in every chapter
• Updated and enhanced appendix
• Vectors • Matrices • Tensors • Group Theory • Complex Variables • Beta, Gamma and Error Functions • Differential Equations • Harmonics (With Special Functions) • Fourier's Series, Integrals and Transforms • The Laplace Transforms • Hankel Transforms • Diffusion, Wave and Laplace's Equations • Maxwell's Electromagnetic Field Equations • Special Theory of Relativity • Statistical Probability