Public Finance continues in its stride in presenting the latest information on Indian budget. Since over two generations, it has virtually become an encyclopedia on all financial matters of the Government of India, serving as a textbook for students, teachers and the general public, and a reference volume for researchers and others. It is equally useful for competitive examinations conducted by various professional and employment-providing bodies. It covers the UGC CBCS syllabus and the syllabi of many Indian universities for
undergraduate, postgraduate and professional courses.
The book follows a logical and systematic approach. Thus, it is divided into two parts.
Part I provides an analytical and comprehensive discussion of both the basics and frontiers of the theory of public finance.
Part II covers the set-up, issues and working of Indian ƒOscal ƒOeld mounted upon the theoretical under pinning and international practices and experience. The illustrations are drawn mainly from the Indian scene, with across-reference to international experience. The book uses all the modern-day tools of pedagogy like Learning Objectives, Key Terms, Summary, Review Questions and Exercises.
• Theoretical advancements including latest discussions, debates, data and information and the GOI Budget for 2022-23.
• State Government Budgets for 2021-22.
• Constitution, terms of reference and reports of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
• Detailed coverage of GST and its pervasive impact on the Indian economy including Its federal financial system.
• Illustrated coverage of important concepts and topics in the Appendices.
THEORY OF PUBLIC FINANCE
1. Economic Activities and the State
2. Meaning and Scope of Public Finance
3. Principle of Maximum Advantage
4. Public Revenue—General Considerations
5. Division of Tax Burden—I
6. Division of Tax Burden—II
7. Incidence of Taxes
8. Classification and Choice of Taxes
9. Effect of Taxation
10. Public Debt
11. Public Expenditure—General Considerations
12. Effects of Public Expenditure
13. Public Budget
14. Balanced Budget and Fiscal Policy
15. Federal Finance
16. Public Undertakings
INDIAN PUBLIC FINANCE
17. Indian Federal Finance—I
18. Indian Federal Finance—II
19. Public Debt in India
20. Government of India Finances
21. The Indian Tax System
22. Railway Finances
23. Public Sector Undertakings in India
24. State Finances
25. Agricultural Taxation in India
26. Local Finance
27. Comments on Recent Central Government Budgets (2019-20 to 2022-23
I. Budgetary DeƒOcits: Concepts and Measures
II. Gender Budgeting
III. Incremental Budgeting
BA (Economics) and BCom
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :