This book presents the topic of Indian culture in a succinct and exam-oriented manner. It will not only help students to know the elements that comprise culture, but also helps establish a connect among Indian ancient and medieval history and Indian culture. The book is designed in a very scientific manner and gives the complete history of India and culture of India at one place. The content presentation is in the form of questions and answers which shall enable them to grasp the content in the easiest possible manner.
The cultural elements are given in a chronological manner which juxtapose historical epochs and events closely.
All tangible and intangible elements of art and culture are covered.
The question-answer format of treatment will help students study better
Preface Acknowledgments Why This Book and How to Use It ?
1. Central Concepts in Ancient India
2. The History and Culture of the Stone Age
3. The History and Culture of the Harappan Civilisation
4. The History and Culture of the Vedic People
5. The History and Culture of the Later Vedic People
6. The Contextual History of Buddhism
7. The Contextual History of Jainism
8. Art and Architecture in Jainism and Buddhism
9. The Contextual History of Mahajanapadas
10. The Contextual History of Mauryas
11. The History and Culture of Post-Mauryan India
12. The Contextual History of South India
13. The History and Culture of Guptas
14. The History and Culture of Regional Empires
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary and Other State PSC Examination