A Textbook of Cost and Management Accounting provides the students with thorough grounding in cost concepts, cost behaviour and methods, and techniques of cost and management accounting with an understanding of the uses and limitations of cost and financial data for managerial operations.
The text of the subject matter has been presented in a student-friendly, simple and intelligible manner. Every discussion involving conceptual complexity is immediately illustrated by a numerical example.
In addition, the book contains a liberal sprinkling of charts and diagrams so as to make the subject easily understandable and highlight its finer points. The subject matter has been organized on 'first things first' basis for its logical presentation that sustains interest.
The approach of the book is examination oriented. Thus, a good number of problems and solutions have been included in its chapters. Theoretical and numerical questions have been mostly selected from various examinations. Objective type questions have been given to serve as self-test by students. This is an ideal book for self-study.
An all-inclusive, ideal book for self-study,
both for the students of Cost and Management Accounting as well as working professionals.
• Thoroughly revised chapters
• A new chapter on Activity Based Costing (Chapter 5)
•; A modified chapter on Advanced Cost Management Techniques (Chapter 23)
SECTION I: COST ACCOUNTING
1. Overview of Cost Accounting
2. Material Cost
3. Employee Cost (Labour Cost)
4. Overhead Cost
5. Activity Based Costing
6. Output or Unit Costing (Cost Sheet)
7. Job and Batch Costing
8. Contract Costing
9. Process Costing
10. Joint Products and by-Products
11. Operating Costing (Service Costing)
12. Non-integrated and Integrated Accounts
13. Reconciliation of Cost and Financial Accounts
SECTION II: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
14. Management Accounting—Nature and Scope
15. Financial Statement Analysis
16. Funds Flow Statement
17. Cash Flow Statement
18. Marginal (Variable) Costing and Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
19. Budgeting and Budgetary Control
20. Standard Costing and Variance Analysis
21. Tactical Decision Making
22. Responsibility Accounting and Transfer Pricing
23. Advanced Cost Management Techniques
• Subject Index
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :