Year after year, this book has immensely helped students in their comprehension of the subject and score good marks in examinations. It has been written specifically for the prescribed syllabus of Cost Accounting Paper of BCom (Hons) Semester IV of the University of Delhi and of School of Open Learning. Its basic features are the same as the mother book Cost Accounting—Principles and Practice, which is a UGC-recommended text for the last many years. Thus, it gives a thorough grounding in cost concepts, cost behaviour, and costing methods. The subject matter has been organized on ';first things first' basis to sustain the interest of the students. Every discussion involving conceptual difficulties is immediately followed by a numerical example.
The book is bundled with all the teaching tools like Learning objectives, Summary of the chapter, Key terms, and a large number of questions for practice.
The Third edition is the updated version of the book as per the latest CBCS syllabus.
• Ideal for self-study, making learning a painless exercise
• Examination-oriented approach
• A total of 258 solved problems and illustrations accompanied by working notes, 156 Theoretical questions, 202 Practical questions
• A large number of Objective Type Questions with answers that include True/ False, Fill in the Blanks, Match the following
• Past question papers with answers included in the Appendix
1. Introduction, 2. Material Cost, 3. Labour Cost (Employee Cost), 4. Overhead Cost, 5. Output or Unit Costing (Cost Sheet), 6. Job Costing, 7. Contract Costing, 8. Process Costing, 9. Operating Costing (Service Costing), 10. Integral and Non-Integral Systems, 11. Reconciliation of Cost and Financial Accounts • Past Question Papers with Answers