A UGC recommended Textbook for various commerce graduate programmes like BCom, BBA, BBM and BBS. Also useful for CA, CS, ICMA, MCom and MBA.
This book gives students a thorough grounding in cost concepts, cost behaviour, and costing methods. The subject matter has been presented in a student-friendly, systematic and intelligible manner. Every discussion involving conceptual difficulties is immediately followed by a numerical example. A large number of charts and diagrams bring to light finer points of the subject and make it easily comprehensible. The subject matter has been organized on ';first things first' basis to sustain the interest of the students. Additional problems and solutions have been included in the Appendix to help students.
• Latest Cost Accounting Standards issued by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
• Learning Objectives in the beginning of each chapter
• Summary and Key Terms at the end of each chapter
• More recent questions from BCom, BBA, MBA, CA and CS examinations
• Fully covers the undergraduate commerce and business administration syllabi. Ideal for self-study, making learning a painless exercise
• Takes an examination-oriented approach. Contains university and professional examination questions. Also offers Model test papers.
• Includes around 300 solved problems and illustrations accompanied by ';working notes'
• Theoretical, Practical and Objective Type Questions selected mostly from various university and professional examinations
1. Overview, 2. Material Cost, 3. Labour Cost (Employee Cost), 4. Overhead Cost, 5. Activity Based Costing, 6. Output or Unit Costing (Cost Sheet), 7. Job and Batch Costing, 8. Contract Costing, 9. Process Costing, 10. Joint Products and By-Products, 11. Operating Costing (Service Costing), 12. Non-Integrated and Integrated Accounts, 13. Reconciliation of Cost and Financial Accounts • Appendix: Model Test Papers