This textbook has been designed to meet the needs of BSc Fourth Semester students of Botany as per the UGC Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). It acquaints the students with plant-water relations and throws light on mineral nutrition. It also covers translocation in phloem, photosynthesis, respiration and enzymes. In addition to these, the book also deals with the nitrogen and lipid metabolism, plant growth regulators and plant response to light and temperature. While it provides strong conceptual understanding of the subject, it also helps in developing scientific outlook of the student.
• Enriched with more than 150 well-labelled diagrams for easy understanding of the concepts
• Engaging chapter-end exercises, having more than 675 questions, for practice
• Collection of experiments at the end of the book to stimulate interest, aid in learning and memorize the practical aspect of the subject
• Glossary of important terms at the end of the book
Plants Physiology and Metabolism:
1. Plant-Water Relations, 2. Mineral Nutrition, 3. Translocation in Phloem, 4. Photosynthesis, 5. Respiration, 6. Enzymes, 7. Nitrogen Metabolism, 8. Lipid (Fat) Metabolism, 9. Plant Growth Regulators, 10. Plant Response to Light and Temperature