• Molecular Biology and Biotechnology has become an integral part of undergraduate syllabi of all universities.
• This book brings to the students accessible and up-to-date and illustrated information on the subject in simple language.
• The book covers an amazing range of topics from the basics of molecular biology to transgenic and production of useful metabolics inlcuding types of RNA, inteins and protein folding, regulation of gene expression, enzymes of DNA synthesis, methods of DNA sequencing, tools of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.
• Sufficinet details are given to cater the need of students of all the universities.
1. Organization of Genomes, 2. Concept and Nature of Gene, 3. Replication of DNA, 4. Genetic Recombination in Bacteria, 5. RNA, 6. Genetic Code,
7. Gene Expression - Transcription, 8. Gene Expression - Translation: Molecular Basis, 9. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria, 10. DNA Damage and
Repair Mechanisms, 11. Biological Nitrogen Fixation and its Genetic Engineering, 12. Transposable Elements in Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes, 13. Enzymes
involved in DNA Synthesis and Cloning, 14. Vectors and Recombinant DNA Technology, 15. Tools of Genetic Engineering, 16. Methods of Gene Transfer,
17. Transgenic Plants - Impacts and Importance, 18. Transgenic Animals, 19. Applications of Recombinant DNA (rDNA) Technology in Medicine, 20. Intellectual
Property Rights and Biotechnology, 21. Physical and Genetic Mapping, 22. Biotechnology: Scope and Applications, 23. Tools of Molecular Biology,
24. Plant Tissue Culture: History, 25. Tools and Techniques for Plant Tissue Culture, 26. Basic Plant Tissue Culture, 27. Applications of Plant Tissue Culture
in Agriculture, Medicine, Horticulture, Forestry; Germplasm Preservation and Industry, 28. Prospects of Drug Production in Cell Cultures and Bioreactor,
29. Secondary Metabolites: Alkaloids and Dioscorea, 30. Plant Protoplast: Isolation, Culture and Somatic Hybridization, 31. Regeneration (Somatic Embryogenesis,
Androgenesis and Somaclonal Variation), 32. Biosensor, 33. Nanotechnology • Short Answer Questions • Glossary • Index
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :