The Advanced Organic Chemistry has been written for B.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc. Students. It has been a national best-seller for more than 30 years. A lot of things have changed since them. We have also changed with every edition so that 30 years. This was the first book on the subject to be adopted by the National Book Trust of India (NBT). This text is especially written with these students in mind. The language is simple, explanations clear, and presentation very systematic. Concepts that usually confuse the students are explained in a step-by-step manner. Our commitment to quality is total!
• Step-by-step mechanisms and over 1800 solved problems to help students in effective understanding of the
• More than 2100 chapter-end questions with answers to test and strengthen student's learning
• First book on the subject to be adopted by the National Book Trust of India (NBT)
1. Introduction, 2. Structure of Organic Molecules, 3. Organic Reaction Mechanisms, 4. Isomerism and Stereochemistry, 5. Spectroscopy, 6. Alkanes, 7.
Cycloalkanes, 8. Petroleum, Petrochemicals and Alternative Fuels, 9. Alkenes and Dienes, 10. Alkynes, 11. Alkyl Halides, 12. Organometallic Compounds,
13. Alcohols, 14. Polyhydric Alcohols, 15. Ethers and Epoxides, 16. Thiols and Thiothers, 17. Aldehyde and Ketones, 18. Carboxylic Acids, 19. Diacids and
Substituted Acids, 20. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives, 21. Active Methylene Compounds, 22. Lipids, 23. Amines, 24. Cyan Compounds, 25. Derivatives of
Carbonic Acid, 26. Nitroalkanes, Diazoalkanes and Azides, 27. Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins, 28. Carbohydrates, 29. Aromatic Compounds: Benzene
and Aromaticity, 30. Directive Effects in Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution, 31. Aromatic Halogen Compounds, 32. Aromatic Sulfonic Acids, 33. Aromatic Nitro
Compounds, 34. Aromatic Amines and Diazonium Salts, 35. Phenols and Aromatic Ethers, 36. Aromatic Aldehydes and Ketones, 37. Aromatic Carboxylic
Acids and Their Derivatives, 38. Color, Dyes and Pigments, 39. Polynuclear Aromatic Hydrocarbons, 40. Heterocyclic Compounds, 41. Ureides and Purines,
42. Alkaloids, 43. Terpenes, 44. Synthetic Polymers • Glossary • Index
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :