The fifth edition of the book Business Statistics will provide readers an understanding of problem-solving methods, and analysis, thus enabling readers to develop the required skills and apply statistical techniques to decision-making problems. A large number of new business-oriented solved as well as practice problems have been added, thus creating a bank of problems that give a better representation of the various business statistics techniques.
This book meets the specific and complete requirements of students pursuing MBA/PGDBM, B.Com., M.Com., MA(Eco), CA, ICWA, BBA, BIS/BIT/BCA, etc., courses, who need to understand the basic concepts of business statistics and apply results directly to real-life business problems. The book also suits the requirements of students who need practical knowledge of the subject, as well as for those preparing for competitive examinations.
1. STATISTICS: AN OVERVIEW
2. DATA CLASSIFICATION, TABULATION AND PRESENTATION
3. MEASURES OF CENTRAL TENDENCY
4. MEASURES OF DISPERSION
5. SKEWNESS, MOMENTS, AND KURTOSIS
6. FUNDAMENTALS OF PROBABILITY
7. PROBABILITY DISTRIBUTIONS
8. SAMPLING AND SAMPLING DISTRIBUTIONS
9. ESTIMATION AND CONFIDENCE INTERVALS
10. HYPOTHESIS TESTING
11. CHI-SQUARE AND OTHER NON-PARAMETRIC TESTS
12. ANALYSIS OF VARIANCE
13. CORRELATION ANALYSIS
14. REGRESSION ANALYSIS
15. PARTIAL AND MULTIPLE CORRELATION AND REGRESSION ANALYSIS
16. FORECASTING AND TIME SERIES ANALYSIS
17. INDEX NUMBERS
18. STATISTICAL QUALITY CONTROL
19. STATISTICAL DECISION THEORY
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :