The primary aim of the book is to provide students of management with a firm foundation for understanding all the main components of sales and distribution management. The book has a practical orientation, as it written by author who has worked as practicing manager mostly in sales and distribution. The book, therefore, is a useful resource to practicing professionals in industry, training and consultancy.
• Coverage of all the topics that a sales/distribution manager needs to know in order to carry out his/her job effectively
• The book has also an online simulation called ';Retail' ,which mimics the Indian distribution challenges in general trade as well as modern trade and has been explain in the simulation section
• Contains more than 50 classroom-tested cases from Indian as also international business organizations
• Provides chapter-end quiz questions and project assignment and worksheets
• Includes examples and boxed exhibits in key areas of sales and distribution management
• An Introduction to Sales and Distribution Channel Management • Personal Selling • Sales Organization • Sales Technology • Sales Territory and Time Management • Sales Force Recruitment and Training • Sales Force Motivation and Compensation • Sales Force Productivity and Performance • Selling Ethics • Sales-Marketing Interfaces • Distribution Channel Design • Distribution Channel Power and Relationships • Trade Loyalty Programmes • Channel Economics • Retailing