This textbook has been designed to meet the requirements of undergraduate students of Physics and aptly covers the subject by including but not limiting it to Harmonic motion, Waves (Motion, Velocity, Optics), Interference, Diffraction and its different types. Every chapter contains a mix of Multiple-Choice Questions, Fill-in the Blanks and Short- and Long-answer questions to enhance and strengthen learning quotient. Lab experiments have been provided at the end of the book for the practical aspect of the subject and range from Melde's Experiment to Schuster's Focusing. Written in a lucid and concise manner, the textbook has an adept balance between theory with practice.
· Fourteen Chapters are divided in smaller parts and sub-headings to make to reading easy from one topic to another
· Fundamental concepts are emphasized in each chapter and details are developed in an easy-to follow style· Fill-in the Blanks and Multiple-Choice Questions at the end of each chapter for better understanding of the concepts.
1. Simple Harmonic Motion
2. Superposition of Two Collinear Harmonic Oscillations Fuel
3. Superposition of Two Perpendicular Harmonic Oscillations
4. Wave Motion
5. Velocity of Waves
6. Superposition of Two Harmonic Waves
7. Wave Optics
8. Interference of Light-1 (Division of Amplitude)
9. Interference of Light-2 (Division of Wave Front)
11. Diffraction of Light
12. Fraunhofer Diffraction
13. Fresnel Diffraction
This book is designed for B.Sc. Students as per UGC Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) Syllabus.
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :