Mathematics-I for the paper BSC-103 of the latest AICTE syllabus has been written for the first semester engineering students of Indian universities. Paper BSC-103 is common to all streams of engineering except CS&E. Keeping in mind that the students are at the threshold of a completely new domain, the book has been planned with utmost care in the exposition of concepts, choice of illustrative examples, and also in sequencing of topics. The language is simple, yet accurate. A large number of worked-out problems have been included to familiarize the students with the techniques to solving them, and to instill confidence.
Authors' long experience of teaching various grades of students has helped in laying proper emphasis on various techniques of solving difficult problems.
• Short and accurate for full comprehension of the topics
• A large number of worked-out problems
• A large number of MCQs at the end of the book
• Written in accordance with the latest AICTE syllabus
• Written by the authors of proven expertise
1. Curvature, Evolute and Involute, 2. Evaluation of Definite Integral, 3. Improper Integrals, 4. Applications of Definite Integral
5. Successive Differentiation, 6. Indeterminate Forms: L'Hospital's Rule, 7. Mean Value Theorems
8. Theory of Matrices, 9. Determinants, 10. Matrix-II
Module-IV: Sequence and Series
11. Convergence of Sequence and Series, 12. Fourier Series
Module-V: Multivariable Calculus
13. Functions of Several Variables, 14. Jacobians and Maxima-Minima of Functions, 15. Gradient, Divergence and Curl