This book involves selecting suitable materials and carrying out building construction neatly. This book comprehensively covers all aspects of the subject and is written as per the requirements of civil engineering degree students.
The text is presented in simple, precise and reader-friendly language. It is amply supported by figures and tables.
• Introduction to Building Construction • Foundations • Stone Masonry • Brick Masonry • Scaffolding and Underpinning • Block Masonry, Reinforced Brick Masonry and Composite Masonry • Cement Concrete Work • Floor and Flooring • Roofs • Doors, Windows and Ventilators • Lintels and Arches • Vertical Circulation • Plastering and Pointing • Painting Decorative Finishes and Glazing • Repairs and Maintenance • Safety in Construction • Miscellaneous Materials
• Detailed coverage as per the syllabus
• Simple and precise explanations
• Text sufficiently illustrated by figures and tables
• Relevant IS Codes listed
• Exhaustive questions given