Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures comprehensively deals with all aspects of Irrigation in India, soil moisture and different types of irrigation systems including but not limited to Sprinkler, Tubewell, Canal and Micro-Irrigation.
The book also focuses on Engineering Hydrology, Dams, Water Power Engineering as well as Irrigation Water Management. Special care has been taken to highlight the principles, practices and design procedures that have been widely recommended as well as suggest improvements in the application of existing methods and adoption of latest techniques used in other parts of the world.
• Complete syllabi coverage of major Indian Universities, NIT's, IIT's, A.M.I.E and the like.
• Detailed designs of important hydraulic structures which are worked out with the help of illustrations.
• Objective type questions which are added at the end of each chapter followed by review questions.
• Illustration of the text with 600+ line diagrams, 200+ tables and solved problems.
• Irrigation and its Planning in India • Irrigation Soils and their Fertility • Principal Crops in India • Soil-Water-Plant Relationships • Irrigation Water - Its Application and Assessment • Sprinkler Irrigation • Micro-irrigation (Drip/Trickle etc.) • Ground Water (Open Wells) • Tubewell Irrigation • Canal Irrigation • Unlined Canals - Silt Theories • Unlined Canals - Their Planning and Design • Lined Canals and their Design • Lift Irrigation • Water logging • Drains • Land Reclamation • River Engineering • River Training Works • Theories of Seepage • Diversion Headworks • Design of Weir/Barrage and Canal Head Regulator • Canal Regulators • Canal Falls • Cross-drainage Works • Canal Outlets • Engineering Hydrology • Gravity Dams • Arch Dams • Buttress Dams • Earth and Rockfill Dams • Spillways • Energy Dissipators • Water Power Engineering • Irrigation Water Management