The subject Strength of Materials is concerned with those properties of engineering and engineered materials that ensures its ability to provide safety and stability during its operating life. The scope of the subject is vast and involves good understanding of the properties of a material under static and dynamic loading, basic mechanics and the like.
Within its scope, this book consists of seven chapters and covers fundamental aspects of the subject. Each topic of every chapter has been explained in as much detail as possible, followed by its counterpart in the form of ';Example Problem'. Example problems are solved in a step-by-step manner such that students find comfortable in dealing with them.
• Simple Stress and Strain
• Shear Force & Bending Moment
• Moment of Inertia
• Bending Stresses in Beams
• Deflection of Beam
• Columns & Struts
• Large number of example problems
• Step-wise illustration to each example problem for easy understanding by the students
• Plenty of diagrams for each topic of discussion / illustration
• Large number of objective questions with answers commensurate with the questions usually asked in competitive examinations
• Summary at the end of each chapter