Over the last 25 years, this book has become a students' companion due to its comprehensive coverage, student-friendly approach and all-steps-explained style. This has made it the best-selling book among all the books on the subject. The author's zeal of presenting the text in line with the syllabi has resulted in the edition at hand, which continues its run with all its salient features as earlier. Thus, it takes care of all the syllabi on the subject and fully satisfies the needs of engineering students
A core textbook for civil engineering students.
Also useful for the students of mechanical, chemical and mining engineering.
1. Two new chapters are included:
a) Introduction to Plastic Analysis (Chapter 13) and
b) Moment of Inertia, as Appendix.
2. Topics related to simple supported beam and overhanging beam are included in Chapter 5, Shear Force and Bending Moment in Statically Determinate Beams.
3. Topics such as Torsion of Hollow-thin-walled Shafts and Shafts Subjected to Combined Bending and Torsion are included in Chapter 10, Torsion.Review Questions are added in all the chapters
•;Use of SI units
•;Summary of important concepts and formulae at the end of each chapter
•;A large number of solved problems presented systematically
•;A large number of exercise problems to test the students' ability
•;Simple and clear explanation of concepts and the underlying theory in each chapter
•;Generous use of diagrams (more than 550) for better understanding
2. Simple Stresses and Strains
3. Compound Stresses and Strains
4. Theories of Failure
5. Shear Force and Bending Moment in Statically Determinate Beams
6. Stresses in Beams
7. Deflection of Beams by Double Integration Method
8. Deflection of Determinate Beams using Moment
Area and Conjugate Beam Methods
9. Deflection of Beams and Rigid Frames by Energy Methods
11. Thin and Thick Cylinders and Spheres
12. Columns and Struts
13. Introduction to Plastic Analysis
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :