The present title is intended to be an introduction to communication system engineering with stress upon basic know how, practical design and programming using MATLAB. The contents are presented in a concise manner with summary of the topics, solved questions, practical design guidelines, probable questions and application of MATLAB. The book attempts to cover communication and related phenomena using MATLAB as far as possible to help the students to understand underlying concepts in a lucid manner as a part of the teaching learning process. A sizable portion of the book has relevant content related to practical design of the systems. The book has ten chapters and is expected to help the reader in developing insights into the working and design of communication systems.
• Use of MATLAB to cover the basic foundations of communication system.
• A detailed practical approach to design of AM, FM and pulse modulation systems.
• Summarized and concise description of each of the chapters, solved problems and MATLAB programs.
• Probable questions and brief historical description of almost all major issues discussed in the book.
• Discussion on television and radar as examples of communication system.
• Signal, Systems and Audio Basics • Fourier series and Fourier Transform • Radio Basics • Amplitude Modulation • Angle Modulation • Noise and Random Process • Sampling Theorem • Pulse Modulation • Elements of TV System • Fundamentals of RADAR