Control Systems Engineering using MATLAB provides students with a concise introduction to the basic concepts in automatic control systems and the various methods of solving its problems. Designed to comfortably cover two academic semesters, the style and form of the book makes it easily comprehensible for all engineering disciplines that have control system courses in their curricula. The solutions to the problems are programmed using MATLAB 6.0 for which the simulated results are provided. The MATLAB Control Systems Toolbox is provided in the Appendix for easy reference. The book would be useful as a textbook to undergraduate students and as quick reference for higher studies.
• Concise coverage of all major control system concepts and techniques
• Around 250 solved problems using step-wise method of solving problems
• Plenty of review questions and exercises
• Simulated results obtained for control system concepts using MATLAB 6.0
• Introduction to Automatic Control Systems • Mathematical Modelling of Linear Systems • Transfer Function, Block Diagram and Signal Flow Graph • Time Domain Analysis • Frequency Response Analysis • Control System Components • Routh-Hurwitz Stability Criterion • Nyquist Stability Analysis • Bode Plot • Root Locus Method • M and N Circles and Nichols Chart • Compensation Techniques • Non-linear Systems • State-space Analysis • Digital Control Systems • Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic in Control Systems