"Principles of Power System" is a comprehensive textbook for students of engineering. It also caters to the requirements of those readers who wish to increase their knowledge and gain a sound grounding in power systems as a whole.
Twenty six chapters succinctly sum up the subject with topics such as Supply and Distribution Systems, Fault Calculations (Symmetrical and Unsymmetrical), Voltage Control, Fuses and Circuit Breakers giving the learner an understanding of the subject and an orientation to apply the knowledge gained in real world problem solving.
A book which has seen, foreseen and incorporated changes in the subject for more than 30 years, it continues to be one of the most sought after texts by the students.
1. Conceptual understanding is given preference with theories being explained in clear and concise points.
2. Close to 800 figures and examples provide comprehensive support to all concepts explained.
3. More than 600 in-text tutorial problems and chapter-end questions and MCQs provide apt practice to all concepts explained.
2. Generating Stations
3. Variable Load on Power Stations
4. Economics of Power Generation
6. Power Factor Improvement
7. Supply Systems
8. Mechanical Design of Overhead Lines
9. Electrical Design of Overhead Lines
10. Performance of Transmission Lines
11. Underground Cable
12. Distribution Systems - General
13. D.C. Distribution
14. A.C. Distribution
15. Voltage Control
16. Introduction to Switchgear
17. Symmetrical Fault Calculations
18. Unsymmetrical Fault Calculations
19. Circuit Breakers
21. Protective Relays
22. Protection of Alternators and Transformers
23. Protection of Busbars and Lines
24. Protection Against Over Voltages
26. Neutral Grounding
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :