"Heat and Mass Transfer" is a comprehensive textbook for the students of Mechanical Engineering and a must-buy for the aspirants of different entrance examinations including GATE and UPSC.
Divided into 5 parts, the book delves into the subject beginning from Basic Concepts and goes on to discuss Heat Transfer (by Convection and Radiation) and Mass Transfer. The book also becomes useful as a question bank for students as it offers university as well as entrance exam questions with solutions.
• Introductory chapter explains all basic theories of the subject followed by 11 succinctly written chapters which encompass all basic concepts.
• Close to 950 examples, figures, tables and chapter-end highlights aid to the concepts explained.
• Close to 750 chapter-end questions, University Questions, GATE & UPSC Examination Questions and Laboratory Experiments for practice.
• Free on the Website: Chapter on "Radiation Exchange Between Surfaces"
1. Basic Concepts Part-I: Heat Transfer by "Conduction"
2. "Conduction" Heat Transfer at Steady State-One Dimension, 3. Conduction Heat Transfer at Steady State-Two Dimensions and Three Dimensions, 4. Heat Conduction-Transient (Unsteady State)
Part-II: Heat Transfer by "Convection"
5. Heat Transfer by "Forced Convection", 6. Heat Transfer by "Free Convection", 7. Boiling and Condensation, 8. Heat Exchangers
Part-III: Heat Transfer by "Radiation"
9. Heat Transfer by Radiation
Part-IV: Mass Transfer
11. Introduction to Hydrodynamics, 12. Dimensional Analysis, 13. Universities' Examinations Questions (Latest-Selected) with Answers/Solutions, 14. GATE and UPSC Examinations' Questions (Latest-Selected) with Answers/Solutions