Author : R S Khurmi & J K Gupta
Price : 999.00 799.20
The person who designs the solution for different engineering problems has to go through the various stages of the design process to arrive at an optimal solution.
"A Textbook of Machine Design" studies these design aspects with relevance
to machines. It begins with an introduction to the machine design process and engineering materials (with their properties) and goes on to discuss major topics such as manufacturing considerations in machine design, simple stresses in machine parts and internal combustion engine parts.
A book which has seen, foreseen and incorporated changes in the subject for close to 40 years, it continues to be one of the most sought after texts by the students while also helping professionals as well as aspirants of various entrance examinations to really grasp the core concepts of the subject.
• Divided in 32 chapters, the text amply explains every concept of the subject.
• More than 1100 examples, figures and tables aid to the concepts explained.
• Close to 900 chapter-end questions (objective and subjective) and exercises
add to the practice of the students.
2. Engineering Materials and their Properties
3. Manufacturing Considerations in Machine Design
4. Simple Stresses in Machine Parts
5. Torsional and Bending Stresses in Machine Parts
6. Variable Stresses in Machine Parts
7. Pressure Vessels
8. Pipes and Pipe Joints
9. Riveted Joints
10. Welded Joints
11. Screwed Joints
12. Cotter and Knuckle Joints
13. Keys and Coupling
16. Columns and Struts
17. Power Screws
18. Flat belt Drives
19. Flat Belt Pulleys
20. V-belt and Rope Drives
21. Chain Drives
26. Sliding Contact Bearings
27. Rolling Contact Bearings
28. Spur Gears
29. Helical Gears
30. Bevel Gears
31. Worm Gears
32. Internal Combustion Engine Parts
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :
S Chand And Company Limited
Building No. D-92, Fifth Floor,
Sector – 02, Noida 201301,
Uttar Pradesh (India)
1800 1031 926