A comprehensive and lucidly written book, "Strength of Materials" captures the syllabus of most major Indian Universities and competitive examinations as well. The book discusses everything under solids and its mechanics (such as providing different aspects of stresses) and provides the reader with a deeper interest in the subject - all within aptly formed chapters. It also contains typical examples (useful for students appearing in competitive examinations in particular and other students in general), highlights, objective type questions and a large number of unsolved examples for a complete grasp of the subject.
• 21 succinctly written chapters which encompass all basic concepts along with 11 Material Testing Experiments.
• More than 1850 examples, figures, tables and chapter-end highlights aid to the concepts explained.
• Close to 800 chapter-end questions, University Questions, GATE & UPSC Examination Questions and 11 Material Testing Experiments (with precautions) for practice.
• Free on the Website: Chapter on "Riveted and Welded Joints".
1. Simple Stresses and Strains
2. Principal Stresses and Strains
3. Bending Moments and Shearing Forces
4. Bending Stresses in Beams
5. Combined Direct and Bending Stresses
6. Shearing Stresses
7. Fixed and Continuous Beams
8. Thin Shells
09. Torsion of Circular and Non-circular Shaft
12. Strain Energy and Deflection Due to Shear and Bending
13. Columns and Struts
14. Theories of Failure
15. Stresses Due to Rotation
16. Bending of Curved Bars
17. Centroid and Moment of Inertia
18. Unsymmetrical Bending and Shear Centre
19. Analysis of the Framed Structures
20. Material Testing
21. Universities' Questions (Latest-Selected) With Answers/Solutions, 22. GATE and UPSC Examinations' Questions (Latest-Selected) with Answers/Solutions
• Appendix: Centroid and Moment of Inertia- Important Formulae
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :