"A Textbook of Thermal Engineering" encompasses all theories of the subject
thereby making it a must-read for all students of Mechanical Engineering. Topics
such as General Thermodynamic Relations and Variable Specific Heat as well as
Turbines (M-pulse, Reaction) and Air Compressors have been dealt in detail.
In addition to the exhaustive topical coverage, numerous solved examples and
chapter-end exercises and questions have been added to make the student
understand all aspects of concepts explained. A book which has seen, foreseen
and incorporated changes in the subject for close to 40 years, it continues to be
one of the most sought after texts by the students.
• Divided in 40 chapters, the text amply explains every concept of the subject.
• Close to 850 examples, figures and tables aid to the concepts explained.
• More than 1000 chapter-end questions (objective and subjective) and exercises
add to the practice of the students.
2. Properties of Perfect Gases
3. Thermodynamic Processes of Perfect Gases
4. Entropy of Perfect Gases
5. Kinetic Theory of Gases
6. Thermodynamic Air Cycles
7. Formation and Properties of Steam
8. Entropy of Steam
9. Thermodynamic Processes of Vapour
10. Thermodynamic Vapour Cycles
12. Combustion of Fuels
13. Steam Boilers
14. Boiler Mountings and Accessories
15. Performance of Steam Boilers
16. Boiler Draught
17. Simple Steam Engines
18. Compound Steam Engines
19. Performance of Steam Engines
20. Steam Condensers
21. Steam Nozzles
22. M-pulse Turbines
23. Reaction Turbines
24. Performance of Steam Turbines
25. Modern Steam Turbines
26. Internal Combustion Engines
27. Testing of Internal Combustion Engines
28. Reciprocating Air Compressors
29. Rotary Air Compressors
30. Performance of Air Compressors
31. Air Motors
32. Gas Turbines
33. Performance of Gas Turbines
34. Introduction to Heat Transfer
35. Air Refrigeration Cycles
36. Vapour Compression Refrigeration System
38. Air Conditioning Systems
39. General Thermodynamic Relations
40. Variable Specific Heat
Books for B.Tech, B.E. B.Arch & other Engineering courses.A textbook for the students of B.Sc. Engg., UPSC (Engg. Services), Section 'B' of AMIE (I) and Diploma Courses.
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :