This book presents the basic concepts of Applied Mechanics in a concise, compact and lucid manner. Beginning with an introduction to the subject, this book discusses the force systems—composition of forces; resolution of a force; laws of forces, moments and their applications, parallel forces and couples, equilibrium of forces, free body diagrams, Lami's theorem and equations of static equilibrium and support reactions. Furthermore, it deals with centroid and moment of inertia and principles and applications of friction. Besides, the book also describes the principles of lifting machines and simple lifting machines.
2. Forces - Composition of Forces, Resolution of a Force, Laws of Forces
3. Moments and Their Applications (Including Varignon's Principle)
4. Parallel Forces and Couples
5. Equilibrium of Forces, Free Body Diagrams, Lami's Theorem
and Equations of Static Equilibrium)
6. Support Reactions
7. Centre of Gravity and Centroid
8. Moment of Inertia
9. Principles of Friction
10. Applications of Friction (Ladder, Wedge and Screw
11. Principles of Lifting Machines
12. Simple Lifting Machines
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :