Analytical and Organic Chemistry" is designed for B.Sc. students of Chemistry (First Semester) of Karnataka State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) as per the recommended National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. It covers important topics such as Language of Analytical Chemistry, Titrimetric Analysis, Classification and Nomenclature of Organic Compounds, Nature of Bonding in Organic Molecules, Mechanisms of Organic Reactions, Chemistry of Alkanes, Alkenes, Nucleophilic Substitution and Aromaticity and Aromatic Hydrocarbons.
Laboratory Work includes experiments on both Analytical and Organic Chemistry and contains Calibration of Glassware, Acid-Alkali, Potassium Dichromate, Potassium Permanganate and EDTA Titrations along with Selection of suitable solvents for Purification/Crystallization of Organic Compounds as well as Organic Preparations.
· Book is divided in 3 Parts [Theory, Laboratory Work I (Analytical Chemistry) and Laboratory Work II (Organic Chemistry]. Nine theory Chapters are divided in smaller parts and sub-headings to make to reading easy from one topic to another
· Well drawn illustrations and examples have been provided to make the reading interesting and engaging
· Questions for practice have been provided at the end of each chapter
1. Language of Analytical Chemistry
2. Titrimetric Analysis
3. Classification and Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
4. Nature of Bonding in Organic Molecules
5. Mechanisms of Organic Reactions
6. Chemistry of Alkanes (Carbon-Carbon Sigma Bonds)
7. Alkenes (Carbon-Carbon Pi Bonds)
8. Nucleophilic Substitution (Aliphatic and Aromatic)
9. Aromaticity and Aromatic Hydrocarbons
Laboratory Work I
1. Calibration of Glassware
2. Acid-Alkali Titrations
3. Potassium Dichromate Titrations
4. Potassium Permanganate Titrations
5. Edta Titrations
Laboratory Work II
1. Selection of Suitable Solvents for Purification/Crystallization of Organic Compounds
2. Organic Preparations
This book is designed for B.Sc. students of Chemistry (First Semester) of Karnataka State Higher Education Council (KSHEC) as per the recommended National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :