"Dr. N. D. V. Prasada Rao was born on 27-2-1937 at Vetapalem (Prakasam district),Andhra Pradesh. He did M.A. (English literature) - Andhra University - 1958, Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English - CIEFL, Hyderabad - 1966 and Ph.D. on (Henry James’s fiction) - Andhra University - 1986. He taught English in various government degree colleges (in the Andhra Pradesh Educational service)” for 37 years (from 1958 to 1995), worked as Lecturer in English for 6 years, Head of the Dept. of English for 19 years and principal for 12 years and retired in February 1995.
His prominent publications with S. Chand & Co.:
* A Practical English Course for College students (First published in 1969),prescribed as a grammar textbook for the Intermediate Course by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh for nine years.
* Chand Communicative Grammar & Composition -Books 1to 6 (First published in 1987)
* Learners’ English Grammar and Composition (First published in 1990, widely used at secondary and tertiary levels.) Books 1to 6
* A Communicative Course in English Books 1 to 5 and Workbooks 1 to 5 (First published in 2002)
* S. Chand student’s Companion Books 1 and 2 (First published in 2005)
He has revised Wren & Martin’s High School English Grammar & Composition (First revised edition, 1973). Also revised P.C.Wren’s Grammar Series for Children (2005)."