One of the key strengths of Arithmetic for Competitive Examinations has been that it includes both subjective and objective type questions, which is found in very few books in the market. It also lays down several short-cut methods to solve questions quickly—a crucial factor in succeeding in such exams.
Keeping up with the tradition of providing high class content to the readers, this edition, by way of revision, brings to the readers additional questions from various competitive examinations like AFCAT, SNAP, SSC-CGL, IBPS-CWE Bank Clerk, SBI PO, RBI Grade B Officers, etc.
• An additional section with new questions from recent examinations.
• These questions are based on the latest trend and pattern of examinations.
• Complete solutions added to facilitate better understanding of the problems.
• Numbers • H.C.F. & L.C.M • Decimal Fractions • Simplification • Square Roots & Cube Roots • Average • Problems on Numbers • Problems on Ages • Surds and Indices • Percentage • Profit and Loss • Ratio and Proportion • Partnership • Chain Rule (Compound Proportion) • Time and Work • Pipes and Cistern • Time and Distance • Problems on Trains • Boats and Streams • Alligation or Mixture • Simple Interest • Compound Interest • Area • Volume and Surface Area • Polygons • True Discount • Banker's Discount • Stock and Shares • Calendar • Clocks • Races and Games of Skill • Tabulation • Pie Charts • Line Graphs • Bar Diagrams • Additional Questions with Answers
• IBPS-CWE Bank PO/Clerical/Specialist Officers, RRB Officers; SBI-PO/Clerical; NABARD &IDBI Bank Executive Offices
• SSC-CGL (Tier I and II); SSC-CHSL (10+2); SSC-FCI Grade III; SSC-CPO/SI/ASI, Income Tax etc.
• LIC/GIC/ UIICO AAOs, etc
• UPSC-CSAT, SCRA etc; and other State Services Exams
• Railways Grade ';D' & other Technical & Non-Technical Exam
• MAT; CMAT; CET (MBA); SNAP; BBA; BBM & other B School Admission Tests
• NTSE; CLAT; Hotel Management etc.