Author : K G Ramawat & Shaily Goyal
Price : 550.00 440.00
• For B.Sc. and M.Sc. Students of Different Indian Universities as per UGC Model Curriculum.
• This is revised edition of the book "Plant Biotechnology".
• Several new topics such as Aquporins, Artificial intelligence Automation in Micropropagation, Biochips, Green House, Hydroponic, Inteins, Nanotechnology, Space Biotechnology, Supercritical Fluid extraction, etc. have been included in this revised.
• This edition provides latest information on the frontier area of biotechnology.
1. Introduction to Biotechnology, 2. Macromolecules, 3. Concept of Gene, 4. Plasmids and Vectors, 5. Principles of Recombinant Technology, 6. Gene Integration and Expression Vectors, 7. Tools of Molecular Biology, 8. Polymerase Chain Reaction, 9. Molecular Markers, 10. Mapping the Genome, 11. Advance Biotechnology,12. Introduction of Plant Tissue Culture: History, Media and Culture Initiation, 13. Techniques for the Study of Cells, 14. Cell Immobilization and Synthetic Seed Technology, 15. Plant Protoplasts: Isolation, Culture and Somatic Hybridization, 16. Haploids, 17. Secondary Plant Products-I: Classes and Production, 18. Secondary Plant Products-II: Factors Affecting the Production in Culture, 19. Bioreactors, 20. Application of Plant Biotechnology in Plant Pathology, 21. Micropropagation, Somatic Embryogenesis and Somaclonal Variation, 22. Automation in Plant Propagation, 23. Methods of Gene Transfer, 24. Transgenic
Crops, 25. Impact of Plant Biotechnology on Agriculture and Industry, 26. Molecular
Framing, 27. Microarrays, 28. Metabolic Engineering, 29. Functional Genomics,
30. Downstream Processing, 31. Animal Cell and Tissue Culture, 32. Hybridoma
Technology: Production of Monoclonal Antibodies, 33. Transgenic Animals, 34. Cloning Animals, In Vitro Fertilization, Tissue Engineering, 35. Stem Cell Bioengineering, 36. Gene Therapy, 37. Human Genome Project, 38. Studying Proteins, 39. Protein Folding and Targeting, 40. Site-Directed Mutagenesis and Protein Engineering, 41. Protein Profiling, Protein Microarrays and Proteomics, 42. Mass Spectrometry, 43. Enzyme Technology, 44. Protein-Protein Interaction, 45. Biotechnology in Biodiversity Conservation, 46. Bioremediation, 47. Biofertilisers and Biopesticides, 48. Biofuel, 49. Biosafety Science, 50. Industrial Fermentation, 51. Intellectual Property Rights and Biotechnology, 52. Bioinformatics • Multiple Choice Questions • Glossary • Bibliography
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :
S Chand And Company Limited
Building No. D-92, Fifth Floor,
Sector – 02, Noida 201301,
Uttar Pradesh (India)
1800 1031 926