With an increased focus on fundamentals, this new edition of A Textbook of Organic Chemistry continues to present the time-tested functional group approach to the subject. This examination-oriented book breaks the intricacies of Organic Chemistry into easy-to-understand steps which gives the student the necessary foundation to build upon, learn, and understand Organic Chemistry in a way that is efficient as well as long-lasting.
• Chemistry of aliphatic and aromatic compounds is treated separately
• All reaction mechanisms are presented using the latest conventions
• Coloured illustrations and graphics highlight and reinforce the presentation of important points
• Over 3300 questions helping the students to achieve deeper understanding of the subject through constant reinforcement and practice
• Getting Started • Purification of Organic Compounds • Composition of Organic Compounds • Empirical and Molecular Formulae • Structure of Organic Molecules • Organic Reactions and their Mechanism • Isomerism • Nomenclature of Organic Compounds • Spectroscopy • Alkanes and Petroleum • Alkenes • Alkynes • Alkyl Halides • Organometallic Compounds • Alcohols • Polyhydric Alcohols • Ethers and Epoxides • Thiols and Thioethers • Aldehydes and Ketones • Carboxylic Acids • Dicarboxylic Acids • Hydroxy and Halo Acids • Carboxylic Acid Derivatives • Nitriles, Isonitriles, Nitroalkanes and Diazomethane • Acetoacetic Ester and Malonic Ester • Fats and Oils; Soaps and Detergents • Amines • Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins • Cycloalkanes • Ureides and Purines • Carbohydrates • Aromatic Compounds • Benzene and its Homologues • Directive Effects of Substituents • Aromatic Halogen Compounds • Aromatic Sulfonic Acids • Aromatic Nitro Compounds • Aromatic Amines • Aryldiazonium Salts • Phenols and Aromatic Ethers • Aromatic Aldehydes and Ketones • Aromatic Carboxylic Acids • Dyes: Color and Constitution • Naphthalene • Anthracene and Phenanthrene • Heterocyclic Compounds • Alkaloids • Terpenes • Synthetic Polymers • Vitamins, Steroids and Antibiotics • Predicting Trends • Multistep Synthesis • 500 New Multiple Choice Questions
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :