The book is especially written for the ';Business Laws' paper of the B Com Semester-II course of the University of Delhi. It is designed strictly in accordance with the new Choice Based Credit System.
The entire text has been organized in five units, namely, Law of Contract, Law of Special Contracts, Law of Sale of Goods, Law of Limited Liability Partnership, and Law of Information Technology. The intricate points of law are explained in a systematic and logical way and the emphasis is on explaining the entire subject matter in the most compact form. The book will prove to be the prized possession for comprehending the subject in its entirety and passing the examination.
• Use of appropriate cases to ensure authenticity and clarity on the subject
• Inclusion of test questions and practical problems with hints and solutions to enable students to evaluate their understanding
• Use of illustrations and analogies to explain complicated provisions
Unit-I: Law of Contract
• Nature and Kinds of Contracts • Offer and Acceptance • Consideration • Capacity of Parties • Free Consent • Legality of Object and Consideration • Void Agreements • Contingent Contracts • Quasi-Contracts • Discharge of Contract • Remedies for Breach of Contract
Unit-II: Law of Special Contracts
• Indemnity and Guarantee • Bailment and Pledge • Agency
Unit-III: Law of Sale of Goods
• Contract of Sale of Goods • Conditions and Warranties • Transfer of Property • Performance of Contract of Sale • Rights of Unpaid Seller