Human Resource Management, 2e, presents multifaceted, up-to-date and all-inclusive information which will be useful to students and professionals pursuing human resource management (HRM). Going beyond the coverage of a traditional textbook, this book focuses on applied aspects of HRM, which capture the evolving challenges in the field. Application approach is followed to enrich them with as many examples as possible from not only India but from the world over, making the topics more meaningful.
The book is equipped with specialized, value-adding features that serve as quick and focused learning tools, such as:
• Opening Vignette introduces the HR topic, simulating the reference in context, generating interest and curiosity.
• Did You Know? Has illuminations, events, and historical facts relating to the roots and evolution of HE.
• Comparative Analysis cites examples from national and multinational companies on all aspects of HRM, enabling the readers to compare the problems and solutions.
• Recent Advances includes changing conditions, advances in the field and emerging trends that may open up new areas or give leads for project work, studies, surveys and research.
• Legal Corner gives insight into the national and international legal issues, framework and challenges faced by the corporates on a day-to-day basis.
• Court Room are short knowledge capsules on rights and wrongs based on past court rulings.
• Skill-building Activities are designed to tap readers' curiosity and interest, motivate and increase their eagerness to learn, provide an opportunity to expand their current range of knowledge, and test their skills with respect to the real-world issues.
• HRM in Action are short boxed items interspersed logically throughout the book, serve as mini case studies.
• HRM in News provides the news of substance related to HRM.
• Case Studies at the end of every chapter, are full length real situations, where conceptual knowledge has to be applied to deal with various corporate challenges.
• Two additional chapters—one on the burning topic of "Sexual Harassment at Workplace" and the other futuristic "HRM in the 21st Century".
• End-of-the-chapter case studies to take the total number of case studies in the book to 20.
• Learning tools, namely "Court Room", "HRM in Action" and "HRM in News" are also new to this edition
1. Human Resource Management, 2. Strategic Human Resource Management, 3. Human Resource Planning, 4. Job Analysis and Job Design, 5. Recruitment and Selection, 6. Training and Development, 7. Career and Succession Planning, 8. Performance Management, 9. Employee Separation, 10. Job Evaluation, 11. Employee Compensation and Benefits, 12. Union Management Relationship, 13. Establishment and Terms of Service, 14. Social, Safety & Health, 15. Sexual Harassment at Workplace, 16. Competency-Based HRM, 17. Assessment Centres, 18. Human Resource Accounting and Auditing, 19. Well Being and Work Life Balance, 20. HR Analytics—HRM in the 21st Century • Case Studies
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :