Environmental Studies and Disaster Management is written strictly in accordance with Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for Environmental Studies and Disaster Management to be taught in undergraduate classes as Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC-1). Topically the textbook deals with Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Development, Disaster Management and Public Health Management and chapter-end questions which have been divided in four parts contain close to 500 questions for practice.
Keeping in mind the multiplicity of background of the students (Arts, Science, Commerce, and others) each topic has been written with clarity and explained to serve the academic needs of the students.
· Book is divided in 4 units and all chapters have been written with clarity and explained to serve the academic needs of the students.
· Close to 500 questions to enhance and strengthen learning quotient
· It will also be found useful by the students preparing for various competitive examinations
Unit - I The Environment
• Energy flow in the Ecosystem
• Biogeochemical Cycles
• Environmental Pollution
• Environmental Laws
Unit - II Climate Change and Sustainable Development
• Population Ecology
• Climate Change
• Steps taken towards Sustainbale Development
Unit - III Disasters Management
• Vulnerability Assessment and Risk Analysis
• Vulnerability Assessment
• Institutional Framework
• Arrangements for Disaster Management
• Preparedness Measures
• Survival skills during and after disasters
Unit - IV Public Health Management
• Non-communicable diseases & their prevention
• Communicable Diseases & their prevention
• Dynamics of Disease Transmission (Modes of transmission)
• Life Style Managment
• Health Disaster Management
• Model Questions
This textbook has been specifically written strictly in accordance with Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for Environmental Studies and Disaster Management to be taught in undergraduate classes as Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course.
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :