Mathematics-II (Probability and Statistics) for the paper BSC-106 of the latest AICTE syllabus has been written for the second semester engineering students of Indian universities. Paper BSC-106 is for the CS&E stream. The book has been planned with utmost care in the exposition of concepts, choice of illustrative examples, and also in sequencing of topics. The language is simple, yet accurate. A large number of worked-out problems have been included to familiarize the students with the techniques to solving them, and to instil confidence.
Authors' long experience of teaching various grades of students has helped in laying proper emphasis on various techniques of solving difficult problems.
• "To the point", straight-forward explanation of the topics.
• More than 350 problems along with step-by-step completely worked-out solutions
• Approximately 500 exercise problems, along with answer key
• Theorems duly accompanied by proofs/derivations/verification
• Large number of applications of theorems, equations and laws
1. Probability Theory, 2. Random Variable, 3. Theoretical Distributions, 4. Bivariate Distribution, 5. Limit Theorems, 6. Bivariate Analysis, 7. Measures of Central Tendency, 8. Statistics and Sampling Distributions, 9. Estimation of Parameters, 10. Testing of Hypothesis, 11. Curve Fitting • Multiple Choice Questions with Answers