Jit Chakraborty is Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, JIS College of
Engineering, Kalyani, West Bengal. He is a devoted researcher in the field of chemistry of metal complexes and is teaching Engineering Chemistry for several years. He is a practitioner of the outcome-based pedagogic system of student-centric flip learning. He also has several awards to his credit.
Asimesh Dutta Gupta is an important resource person of Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata. He has 35 years of experience in teaching. Formerly, he was Assistant Professor and Head of Department of Chemistry, Kanchrapara College, West Bengal. He is also associated with JIS College of Engineering, Kalyani and IGNOU for several years. He has extensive contributions in terms of research in the field of Chemistry of Natural Products.
Ravikanth Kamlekar is Assistant Professor (Sr.), Department of Chemistry, School of Advanced Sciences, VIT, Vellore, Tamil Nadu. He is a well-known researcher in the field of Physical Chemistry and Chemical Biology. He has significant contributions in the field of Protein Chemistry and Biophysical Chemistry and is associated with Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry (Germany), Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota (USA), and Zydus Research Centre, India. He has authored/co-authored many research papers and provided reviews in several national and international journals. He also has DST-SERB project to his credit.
Engineering Chemistry - I: Concepts and Applications is a textbook that offers an exclusive coverage of the topics and proper explanation of concepts as per the present day and future needs of the students. The book provides the theoretical (Chapters 1-7) as well as practical (Chapter 8) aspects of the paper Chemistry-I (BSC102) as per the latest AICTE curriculum. It will be useful to not only the first-year engineering and technology students of all streams but also the professors for guiding their students.
The book is to the point, syllabus-oriented, and wellwritten.
The writing style is up to the mark for the engineering students.
- Dr. Harekrushna Sahoo, NIT Rourkela
Difficult topics, such as stereochemistry, have been explained in a simple manner. For each topic, we refer different books. In this book, all the topics
mentioned in the syllabus are together, so it's good for a student to have it.
- Dr. Kavitha Marapakala, Osmania University
The chapters are appropriately organized. For engineering students, this book will be easy to follow and understand.
- Dr. V. Anbazhagan, SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur
Explanation of the concepts is clear and simple.
- Dr. Manjunatha M., CMR Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
• Detailed discussion with point-wise explanation of the concepts
• Let's Think sections - In-text questions with answers after each section
• A large number of Solved and Unsolved Exercises
• Complete laboratory manual for practical applications
• A large number of questions with answers for viva voce
1. ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR STRUCTURE
2. SPECTROSCOPIC TECHNIQUES AND APPLICATIONS
3. INTER-MOLECULAR FORCES AND POTENTIAL ENERGY SURFACES
4. USE OF FREE ENERGY IN CHEMICAL EQUILIBRIA
5. PERIODIC PROPERTIES
7. ORGANIC REACTIONS AND SYNTHESIS OF A DRUG MOLECULE
8. APPLICATIONS IN CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :