Building Technology involves selecting suitable materials and carrying out building construction neatly. This book comprehensibly covers all aspects of the subject and is written as per the requirements of civil engineering diploma students of West Bengal. The text is presented in simple, precise and reader-friendly language. It is amply supported by figures and tables.
• Building Components and Type of Structures • Stones as Masonry Material • Bricks • Mortars • Timber and Timber Based Materials • Miscellaneous Materials • Job Layout • Earth Work for Foundations • Foundation • Stone Masonry • Brick Masonry • Doors, Windows and Ventilators • Vertical Communication • Scaffolding and Shoring • Floors and Flooring • Roofs • Water Proofing Treatment • Termite Proofing • Damp Proofing • Wall Finishes • Building Maintenance • Demolition of Buildings • Rebaring Techniques
• Detailed coverage of Kerala University syllabus
• Simple and precise explanations
• Text sufficiently illustrated by figures and tables
• Relevant IS Codes listed
• Exhaustive questions given