A Textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines covers completely the syllabi of B.Tech./B.E. Courses of various technical universities of India. It will also prove to be of immense use to the students preparing for various Competitive examinations (GATE, UPSC, etc.)
• It deals with the various topics of the subject systematically and exhaustively.
• Subject matter has been prepared in a lucid, direct and easily understandable style.
• Simple diagrams and solved examples have been amply provided in various chapters, wherever required.
• At the end of each chapter, Highlights, Multiple-choice Questions, Theoretical Questions and Unsolved Examples have been added to make this treatise a completed and comprehensive book on the subject.
Part-I: Fluid Mechanics
• Properties of Fluids • Pressure Measurement • Hydrostatic Forces on Surfaces • Buoyancy and Floatation • Fluid Kinematics • Fluid Dynamics • Dimensional and Model Analysis • Flow through Orifices and Mouthpieces • Flow Over Notches and Weirs • Laminar Flow • Turbulent Flow in Pipes • Flow through Pipes • Boundary Layer Theory • Flow around Submerged Bodies—Drag and Lift • Compressible Flow • Flow in Open Channels • Universities' Questions (Latest) with "Solutions" • ''GATE'' AND ''UPSC'' Examinations' Questions with Answers/Solutions (Latest-Selected) • Laboratory Practicals
Part-II: Hydraulic Machines
• Impact of Free Jets • Hydraulic Turbines • Centrifugal Pumps • Reciprocating Pumps • Miscellaneous Hydraulic Machines • Water Power Development • Fluidics • Universities' Questions (Latest) with "Solutions" • ''GATE'' and ''UPSC'' Examinations' Questions with Answers/Solutions (Latest-Selected) • Laboratory Practicals