For more than 20 years, "A Textbook of Production Technology" has been a useful book for undergraduate students of Mechanical Engineering. It is written with the objective of providing comprehensive knowledge about various aspects of materials used in manufacturing process along with the Welding Process, machine tools and ceramic and composite materials.
• More than 500 tables, figures and examples aid to the understanding of concepts.
• Almost 1300 chapter-end problems provide consistent practice.
• 4 Appendixes include Machine Variables & Related Relations and problems from competitive examinations and question papers (GATE, IES, UPSC).
2. Engineering Materials and Heat Treatment
3. The Casting Process
4. Mechanical Working of Metals
5. The Welding Process
6. The Machining Process
7. Cutting Tool Materials and Cutting Fluids
8. Machine Tools
9. Unconventional Manufacturing Methods
10. Powder Metallurgy
11. Processing of Plastics
12. Special Processing Methods
13. Ceramic Materials and their Processing
14. Composite Materials and their Processing
15. Tracer Controlled Machine Tools
16. Numerically Controlled Machine Tools
17. Surface Finishing Processes
• Appendix-I: A. Representation of Welds of Drawing IS: 813-1961 & B. Classification of Carbide tips according to their range of application
•;Appendix-II: Machining Variables and Related Relations
• Appendix-III: Problems from Competitive Examinations &
Question Papers (GATE, IES, IAS)
• Appendix-IV: Addition Material
Be the first one to review
Your email address will not be published.
Your rating for this book :